The word divide means to split something into parts. When we divide in math, we are splitting a number into equal parts. This is the opposite of multiplication where we add a number of equal parts together. The following video teaches what division is:
Introduction to Division
- Khan Academy: The Idea of Division (08:00 mins, Transcript)
- Khan Academy: Introduction to Division (17:01 mins, Transcript)
Practice ProblemsEvaluate the following expression:
- \(3 ÷ 1 = ?\) (Solution
- \(35 ÷ 5 = ?\) (Solution
- \(24 ÷ 4 = ?\) (Video Solution
- \(42 ÷ 7 = ?\) (Video Solution
- \(81 ÷ 9 = ?\) (Solution
- \(48 ÷ 8 = ?\) (Solution
Need More Help?
- Study other Math Lessons in the Resource Center.
- Visit the Online Tutoring Resources in the Resource Center.
- Contact your Instructor.
- If you still need help, Schedule a Tutor.