Previously, you learned how to do long division when dividing by a one-digit number or divisor. We use the same division steps when the number we divide by (the divisor) has multiple digits. The following video will show an example of how this works.
Dividing by two-digit whole number
Video Source (06:26 mins) | Transcript
Remember that it’s okay to guess and have to erase as you work through this process. With more practice, you’ll become better at it, and it will go faster. It will also be easier and faster if you have your multiplication facts memorized. Keep working on memorizing them if you don’t have them memorized already.
- Khan Academy: Introduction to Long Division (03:14 mins, Transcript)
- Khan Academy: Introduction to Division (with remainders) (11:38 mins, Transcript)
- Khan Academy: Introduction to Dividing by 2-digits (04:56 mins, Transcript)
Practice ProblemsEvaluate the following expression:
- \(152 \div 8 = ?\) (Solution
- \(1620 \div 20 = ?\) (Solution
- \(2349 \div 87 = ?\) (Video Solution
- \(3003 \div 39 = ?\) (Solution
- \(14363 \div 53 = ?\) (Video Solution
- \(45696 \div 64 = ?\) (Solution
Need More Help?
- Study other Math Lessons in the Resource Center.
- Visit the Online Tutoring Resources in the Resource Center.
- Contact your Instructor.
- If you still need help, Schedule a Tutor.