A basic essay has at least three paragraphs in it:
- An introductory paragraph
- A body paragraph (can have more than one)
- A concluding paragraph
As the visual above shows, these three types of paragraphs combine to form an essay. In the following pages, you will learn how to format your essay so it not only reads like a professional piece of academic writing (because of the content you put into it), but also looks like one (because of its accurate formatting).
Need More Help?
- Study other Writing Lessons in the Resource Center.
- Visit the Online Tutoring Resources in the Resource Center.
- Contact your Instructor.
- If you still need help, Schedule a Tutor.