Excel is a powerful tool for storing data and making graphs. The following video demonstrates one way to make a scatter plot in Excel. A scatter plot is a graph that just plots the data points. It doesn’t connect them with a line.
How to Make a Scatter Plot in Excel
Video Source (05:26 mins) | Transcript
The basic steps to make a scatter plot in Excel:
- Highlight data you want to plot.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- Find the Charts section.
- Select the scatter plot icon.
- Edit ranges, axis titles, chart title, and anything else you want to adjust.
- Khan Academy: Constructing a Scatter Plot (02:31 mins, Transcript)
The following table summarizes data on the number of hours that students spent studying and the scores that they earned on their exams.
|Hours Studied||Exam Score|
Need More Help?
- Study other Math Lessons in the Resource Center.
- Visit the Online Tutoring Resources in the Resource Center.
- Contact your Instructor.
- If you still need help, Schedule a Tutor.